After securing a seat on the WCCUSD board, Garibaldi says she’ll campaign for school measures, talk with community members


Message posted on Facebook by Caitlin Garibaldi, who will become the WCCUSD school board member for Area 5, which includes El Cerrito, Kensington, and part of Richmond. Garibaldi was the only person who filed to run for the seat.

I am so excited to be joining the WCCUSD Board of Education as Trustee for Area 5! I want to take a moment to thank my opponent, Kristin Sangren, for ultimately deciding to pull out of the race and entrust me with this position. We spoke at length before she withdrew, and I know she did not make that decision lightly. The issues we discussed we were very much aligned on, and I’m happy to have found an ally that’s committed to helping promote change both here in the district, and on a larger scale. One of the issues we both feel strongly about is really pushing to significantly reduce our reliance on tech in schools, and I can’t wait to talk to her more about how we may be able to work together toward that. 

Since I won’t be on the ballot I won’t be running a traditional campaign, but I will still be campaigning in my own way. I’ll be canvassing during the election for both Measure V and Prop 3, and I’m looking forward to being able to talk to as many of you as I can about how I can best serve our community. Instead of campaign fundraisers I will be setting up some park meetups and I hope you’ll come out and introduce yourself! I’ll still be completing any candidate questionnaires sent to me, and I encourage you to send me a message to tell me what your issues are. I love this community so much, and I can’t wait to get to work. 

Measure V parcel tax renewal

Cal matters article on Prop 3

Garibaldi’s Facebook page

You can reach her by messaging through her Facebook campaign page or at Garibaldi.For.School.Board@gmail.com