Demetrio Gonzalez-Hoy promises to center decisions around students as he secures another four years on the WCCUSD board


The following is a statement from West Contra Costa Unified Schoool District Area 4 Trustee Demetrio Gonzalez-Hoy posted on Facebook. Since no challengers filed to compete for the seat, he will serve another four-year term. Area 4 includes El Sobrante, parts of Richmond and San Pablo, and a sliver of Pinole.

WCCUSD Community,

I am incredibly grateful and humbled to have the opportunity to continue serving our community for another four years on the WCCUSD Board of Education.

I know there were community members who considered running for this seat, and I do not take lightly the fact that they ultimately chose to place their trust in me to continue this work. To everyone who has encouraged me, supported me, worked alongside me, challenged me, and trusted me to represent our community: thank you.

Serving on the School Board is one of the greatest honors of my life, and I remain just as committed today as I was when I first took office.

Over the next four years, I will continue to center students in every decision we make; advocate for our educators and staff; protect programs and opportunities that help our students thrive; strengthen our district’s fiscal stability; and ensure that every student, regardless of their neighborhood, background, language, or circumstances, has access to an excellent public education.

There is still so much work ahead of us. I will continue listening, asking difficult questions, bringing people together, and fighting for the students, families, educators, staff, and communities that make WCCUSD so special.

Thank you for entrusting me with another four years of service. I will continue working every day to earn that trust.

The work continues. Together. 💙

 https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064090928298